The Barix Exstreamer 1000 is a versatile network device that can function either as an audio encoder or decoder for a variety of high quality audio applications. The Barix Exstreamer 1000 features AES/EBU in and out to provide a fully digital transmission path. The Exstreamer 1000 is part of a whole range of Barix boxes geared towards professional IP Audio solutions.
Four supervised contact closure inputs, four relay outputs, two serial interfaces (RS-232 and RS-485), AES/EBU and professional grade, balanced audio inputs and outputs and 24/48 V capable power input give the device maximum flexibility for use in professional, high quality DVB and audio over IP applications.
In decoding mode, the Exstreamer 1000 can play MP3, G.711 and PCM audio files from PC or web server (http) and streams from sources like Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet radio) or RTP servers such as the Instreamer 100 or the Exstreamer 1000 in encoding mode. In case of a broken network stream the automatic failover function can switch to another network source or start the playback of audio files stored on external USB flash memory, if both streams are unavailable.
In encoding mode, the Exstreamer 1000 can encode and transmit high quality audio from digital and analog sources. All devices are programmable using the Barix ABCL environment that includes the source code for the encoding and decoding application which can be used as is, or adapted by the customer to specific needs. The Barix Rack Mount accessory can be used to mount up to two Exstreamer 1000 devices in a standard 19“ rack slot (one standard rack unit).
Applications for the Exstreamer 1000
• STL and Remote Broadcasting
• IP Audio Distribution over Satellite
• Confidence Checking and Remote Monitoring
• Cable Head End IP Audio Distribution
• Live Feed to Studio
• Real time audio bridging over IP network
• Transmission of discrete control signals (4 in, 4 out)
Software Exstreamer 1000 available
• Encodes or decodes audio in high quality for audio over IP applications
• AES/EBU and balanced stereo audio interfaces (inputs and outputs)
• Supports streaming (http, UDP, RTP) with automatic failover and USB playback
• 10/100 Mbit Ethernet connection • Contact closure interfaces (4 in, 4 relays)
• Control via browser or API (serial, TCP, UDP,cgi)